National Trail Raceway is bringing something completely different to Central Ohio in 2020. On Saturday Night, May 9th it will be the first ever Demolition Drag Race held at National Trail Raceway, the Hillbilly Nationals.
That night fans will be see something never been done before at National Trail Raceway. The rules are simple, the two vehicles must hit at least once after the 60ft mark and before the 1/8th mile to be a valid race. But that doesn’t mean they can’t hit more than once! Fans will get see who is left standing at the end of the night after all the carnage.
Here is a list of rules for the cars and the racing portion of the Hillbilly Nationals.
1. Car Must be $1000 or under junker.
2. Vehicle must have clear title for the car.
3. No large SUVs permitted (ie suburbans, excursions, hummers, etc.)
4. Must have seat belts.
5. No antifreeze, water ok.
6. No Hybrids or electric cars.
7. All Airbags removed or disabled.
8. Driver Side Reinforcement required.
9. No additional “ram” structures allowed to be added to the car.
10. No push bars/deflectors.
11. Remove all loose items from vehicle and trunk.
1. Helmet and jacket required.
2. Must sign event waiver to participate.
3. 1/8th mile.
4. Vehicles must make contact between 60ft block and finish line.
5. No hitting driver’s door directly.
6. No hitting of stationary vehicles.
7. No driving towards the starting line.
8. Vehicle driving slowly down against the wall is way of saying they are done with race. Do not strike!
9. No passengers allowed.
10. Must have a valid driver’s license.
11. If under 18, must have a parent/guardian present to race.
The payout will be $500 to the Winner, $200 to the runner-up. It will be $40 tech card fee for all competitors. Adult Admission is $15, Kids 10 and Under are Free.
For more information please email Jason Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.